- Q.What is Remote PC?
Remote PC is a service that connects your Samsung tablet to a remote computer. Install the Remote PC agent program on the computer and you can easily control the computer by touching the tablet's screen as if you were using a mouse.
- Q.What types of computer can I register?
To register a remote computer with Remote PC it must meet minimum requirements.
Remote PC system requirements are as follows.
- Operating system: Windows XP or higher
- Hardware specifications: Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512MB or higher
- Internet browser: Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher (32bit), Firefox 3.5 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9
- Hardware specifications: Intel-based Macintosh computer
- Internet browser: Safari 4.0 or higher, Firefox 3.5 or higher.
- Q.How do I use Remote PC?
To remotely control your computer, complete the following steps.
1. Run Remote PC app on your tablet ▶ Authenticate your Samsung account
2. Open a web browser on the computer you want remote access to and connect to http://remotepc.rview.com ▶ Log in to your Samsung account ▶ Install Remote PC software
3. On your tablet, run Remote PC app again ▶ Click the Remote Access button ▶ You can now control the computer
* You cannot access the remote computer if the computer is: turned off, is not connected to the Internet, or the agent program is closed.
- Q.How do I register a device?
Your device is automatically registered when you run the Remote PC app on it and agree to the terms and conditions.
If you do not have a Samsung account when you run the Remote PC app you will automatically be transferred to the account signup screen.
When you create a Samsung account, the device will be registered to Remote PC.
- Q.How do I register a computer?
To register your computer to Remote PC, complete the following steps.
On the device, register a Samsung account to the app.
1. Run the Remote PC app on your device.
2. If you do not have a Samsung account, create an account.
3. Read and agree to the terms and conditions, and then authenticate your Samsung account in Remote PC.
Registering a remote computer
1. On the computer you want to access remotely, connect to the Remote PC website.
2. Log in to your Samsung account.
3. On the Manage Computer page, click Install Agent to install the Remote PC software.
4. When installation is complete, the computer will be registered.
- Q.How do I connect my device to the computer?
To connect a device to the computer, follow the steps listed below.
1. On the device's Apps screen, select Remote PC.
2. Log in to Remote PC.
3. Select the computer you want to access and enter the password.
4. When remote access starts, the remote computer's screen is displayed.
Touch the screen with your finger to control the computer to carry out the same actions as if you were using a mouse.
- Q.How do I remote-control?
- Q.App closes after the pop-up message “RemoteCall PC has stopped”
The issue is related to the update on Samsung Account. Once updated, already installed Remote PC app fails to authenticate with Samsung Account due to mismatching version and displays the pop-up message “Remote PC has stopped”
The quick and easy solution to this problem is to update the RemoteCall PC app to the latest version.
[Updating the App]
Go to Samsung Galaxy Apps > Settings > Check “Wi-Fi only” under Auto-update App > Search for “Remote PC” and update it to the latest version.
- Q.Solution to the pop-up error message “Error code – 126.
The issue is related to the update on Samsung Account. Once updated, already installed Remote PC app fails to authenticate with Samsung Account due to mismatching version and displays the pop-up message “Error code - 126”.
The quick and easy solution to this problem is to log out, remove the current Samsung account, and log back in.
[How to log out and log back in]
Go to Settings > General > Accounts > Remove Samsung account > Launch “Remote PC” app > Log In.
- Q.How do I control the mouse?
When you access a computer remotely, the mouse cursor is not normally displayed on the screen. The icon is displayed for one second when you touch the screen.
Click the icon in the Control menu to display the virtual mouse cursor and access more control.
- Q.How do I control the keyboard?
Click the icon in the Control menu to display the on-screen keyboard.
If you double-click the icon, a text entry field will display both the mouse cursor and the on-screen keyboard.
Click the top left corner of the on-screen keyboard or touch the Back key to close the on-screen keyboard.
* The on-screen keyboard will not be displayed when a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
- Q.Can I fix the screen in one place to prevent it moving?
Yes, click the icon in the Control menu to prevent the screen from moving and zooming in or out.
- Q.How do I send and receive files?
Click the icon in the Control menu to use Remote Explorer to send and receive files.
The remote computer is shown on the left side and the device is shown on the right side. You can view the images, videos, and all other files stored on both devices.
Select the folders and files you wish to send or receive by selecting the relevant check boxes or by pressing and holding them. Then, drag the selected files and folders to transfer them to the location where you wish to save them.
Select a folder or file and press the View More button at the top right corner to perform more actions.
- Create Folder: Add a new folder.
- Rename: Rename the folder or file.
- Information: View the location of the folder or file.
- Delete: Delete the folder or file.
- Q.How do I change Control Preferences?
Click the icon in the Control menu to change Control Preferences.
- Lock Remote Screen: Turn off the display while you are accessing the remote computer to prevent anyone viewing the remote access session.
- Lock the Computer When Remote Control Ends: Lock the computer when the connection to the remote control program has closed.
- Stretch to full screen: Display the remote computer's screen by matching it to the device's screen resolution.
- Portrait mode: Display the remote screen vertically.
- Resolution: Adjust the resolution of the remote computer.
- Colour: Change the color level displayed on the screen. Using lower screen color levels increases the remote access speed.
- Turn sound ON/OFF. The default setting is ON.
- View the display name, OS information, and Samsung account information for the remote computer.
After changing settings, press the Back key to save the changed settings and return to the remote computer's screen.
- Q.How do I control multiple monitors?
Click the icon in the Control menu. If there is more than one monitor connected to the remote computer, the next monitor in sequence will be displayed.
Up to three monitors may be viewed.
- Q.How do I close the connection?
Click the icon in the Control menu to close the remote connection and go to the PC List screen. Then, click the Back key on the device to close the program.
- Q.How do I switch to another program while controlling a computer remotely?
Click the Home button to move Remote PC to the background before using the other app.
- Q.I keep losing the connection. What should I do?
There is a network-related problem.
It may be caused by one of the following issues.
1. Communication packets may be blocked in the IP router or the firewall settings - Change the IP router or firewall settings.
2. If the current network status is poor the connection to the network may have closed - If you are using a 3G network, try changing to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Q.How do I use the Screen Lock feature?
Screen Lock turns off the remote computer's monitor when the remote control session starts. It turns back on when the session ends. The remote computer's screen cannot be viewed while you are controlling the computer remotely.
To set up Screen Lock, follow the steps listed below.
1. Run the Remote PC app to access the computer remotely.
2. Touch an empty area at the bottom of the screen to select the Remote Menu button.
3. In the Remote Menu > touch the Settings menu > Computer Settings > enable Lock Remote Screen.
- Q.Can I hear sound from the remote computer on my device?
Yes. When the remote computer is connected to your device, sound from the computer will play on the device.
To hear the computer's sound, touch an empty area at the bottom of the connected screen and click the Menu button at the bottom > select the Settings menu > turn the feature on or off at the Sound menu.
* Depending on your device, the sound quality may differ from that of the remote computer.
- Q.I cannot hear sound from the remote computer on my device.
If sound from the remote computer is not played on the device, check the settings listed below.
1. Device settings
Touch an empty area at the bottom of the remote access screen and click the Menu button at the bottom > select the Settings menu > at the Sound menu and ensure that the feature is turned on.
2. Computer sound settings
If the computer's OS is XP
1) If you do not have a sound card or if you are using a USB sound card instead of the computer’s default sound card, ensure that the sound card is working properly.
Verify that the sound card's operation in Device Manager is free of conflicts or other problems.
2) If you have a sound card and no mixer device or if the remote computer uses Win XP or below, a stereo or mono sound mixer is required. A sound mixer is essential for recording the sound, but some sound cards do not have a mixer. If a sound card does not have a mixer, then sound-sharing is not possible. To check, test the recording functionality of the mixer device.
3) If the sound card does have a sound mixer, it may still not working properly. This is a common problem for netbooks and notebooks. In this situation reinstall or update the sound card driver. To test that the sound mixer is working properly, play a music file with a media player and record it with Windows Sound Recorder. Then, verify that the recorded file plays normally. If the recorded file does not play normally, you cannot use sound-sharing.
For Windows OS Vista or higher
1) If the audio playback device is not activated, plug a headset or speakers into the computer's earphone output jack. If a headset or speakers are not connected, the audio playback device may not be activated. Some on-board sound cards start automatically when the computer is turned on and others need to be configured. On some notebooks with internal speakers the speakers are always activated.
2) If the default device setting has not been set, go to the Start menu > Control Panel > Sound > and then select the Playback tab to view various items. Ensure that the default device is set to either speakers or headset. If this does not activate audio playback, change the default device manually.
3) Configuring sound settings
Double-click the default device to open the Properties window; click the Advanced tab and change the format to 16bit, 48,000 Hz. The supported frequencies are listed below.
The optimal sound setting is 16bit, 48,000 Hz. Sound-sharing is supported for the frequencies listed below only.
If the device attempts to share sound at an unsupported frequency, an error message will display.
- 48,000 Hz
- 96,000 Hz
- 192,000 Hz
- 48,000 Hz
- 492,000 Hz
- Q.Which features are not available when connecting to Macintosh computers?
Due to Macintosh OS restrictions, the following features are not available for Macintosh computers.
- The removal of the computer's desktop background when it is accessed remotely: When the computer is accessed remotely, the desktop background is replaced with a dark screen
- Auto-activate Screen keypad: Auto-activate the Screen keypad when a text entry field is highlighted (Edit control)
- Lock Remote Screen: When a computer is accessed remotely, lock or unlock the screen and show a dark screen
- Lock the Computer When Remote Control Ends: Lock or unlock the computer system when remote access is complete
- Resolution: Change the resolution of the remotely accessed computer
- Q.On the tablet, network is available and normally used but when I try to access my PC remotely, it keeps saying: "No network connection. Failed to connect to the server. Please check it again.".
To resolve the issue, please update Remote PC application.
To update Remote PC application:
- Tap Samsung Galaxy App > Search for "Remote PC" and click update.
- After updating you can verify your Samsung account with a device that has the Remote PC app installed.
- Q.After I sign in the samsung account at "http://remotepc.rview.com/", it shows that "To use the service, verify your Samsung account with a device that has the Remote PC app installed.".
To verify your Samsung account:
- On your tablet, tap Remote PC application to start > Login > On the top right corner of the application, tap the 3 dots, then select 'Settings' > tap logged in Samsung account > Next > Re-login your Samsung account
- On the tablet, Settings > General > Account > Samsung account > select used account > remove account > then add account > Samsung account > then login using your Samsung account.
- Q.How do I change the computer that I need remote access to?
If you have remote access to a computer and want to access another computer remotely, uninstall the program from the remote computer you were originally using. Then, install Remote PC on the new computer.
To uninstall the program from the home page
On your computer, open remotepc.rview.com in a web browser and click the Uninstall Agent icon in the PC List menu. When Modify Agent is clicked, the program on the old computer will be uninstalled, and the program will be automatically installed on the currently connected computer.
Uninstalling the program from the device
Run the Remote PC app > In the remote control menu on the left side, click the Remove registered PC button to uninstall the program from the remote computer.
Installing the agent program
On the new computer you wish to access remotely, open remotepc.rview.com in a web browser and click the Install Agent icon in the PC List menu to register it.
- Q.How do I reinstall Remote PC if I reinstall the OS on my computer?
If you reformat the computer, Remote PC will be deleted and you will not be able to access the computer remotely.
To resume remote access, delete the computer from the list of remote computers and then reinstall the program.
Deleting the computer from Remote PC
1. Open remotepc.rview.com in a web browser and log in.
2. Delete the remote computer from the computer list in the Manage Computer page.
3. Reinstall Remote PC on the computer to be accessed remotely.
- Q.The remote computer icon displays OFF.
If the remote computer's icon displays OFF in the Manage Computer page, you cannot access the remote computer.
Check the remote computer's status by following the steps listed below.
1. Click the Check Connection button to re-check the computer's status.
2. Ensure that the remote computer is turned on and not in Sleep mode.
3. Ensure that the remote computer is connected to the Internet.
4. Ensure that Remote PC is logged-in by checking the system tray at the bottom right corner of the screen.
1) If the remote computer is in the tray
- If the remote computer is logged-out, right-click and log in
2) If the remote computer is not in the tray
- Windows OS: Start menu > All Programs > Samsung folder > Remote PC folder > Agent, then click Run Remote PC Agent
- Mac OS: Applications > Samsung Remote PC, then click the Remote PC Starter app to run the program.
5. If Remote PC has been deleted, reinstall it.
If the computer has been reformatted, or the Remote PC agent has been deleted, you will no longer be able to control the computer remotely. To resume remote access, delete Remote PC from the Manage Computer page, and the reinstall it.
To delete Remote PC
1) Open remotepc.rview.com in a web browser and log in.
2) In the Manage Computer page, click the Uninstall Agent button.
3) Delete Remote PC and click the Install Computer Program button to reinstall it.
- Q.I cannot log in and an error message is displayed advising that the proxy information is not correct.
If the proxy settings are enabled in a Wi-Fi network that does use a proxy, an error message will display advising that the proxy information is not correct. You will not be able to log in.
On the Remote PC app home screen > tap menu at the top right corner > tap Settings > Use Proxy
Ensure that the proxy information is entered correctly in the menu.
- Q.I forgot my access password.
To reset the access password, follow the steps listed below.
Log in to Remote PC > go to the remote access log-in window > select the Forgotten your password? menu at the bottom > enter your Samsung account password to verify your identity> , and change the access password.
- Q.How do I change the access password?
Change the access password by following the steps listed below.
1. Run the Remote PC app on your device.
2. Click the Menu button.
3. Settings > Select Change password
4. Enter your current access password and then click the Next button.
5. Register New password to finish changing the password.
- Q.How do I control multiple PCs?
Remote PC allows access to one FREE PC per mobile device. To allow access for more PCs, purchase additional licenses via the mobile app.
- Q.Why isn't the Add PC menu shown in the Remote PC app?
The Add PC menu is shown if the app is updated to the latest version.
Follow the steps below to update the app:
1. Launch Samsung Apps
2. Search for "Remote PC"
3. Select "Remote PC" and press Update.
- Q.How do I get a refund?
Refunds are not available after a purchase is completed.
If the purchase occurred due to a service error, contact us via "Customer services >> Enquiry" and request a refund.
- Q.Can I purchase additional PC access via the Remote PC website?
Currently you can only purchase PC access from the mobile app. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Q.How do I check my purchase history?
Follow the steps below to check your history:
1. Launch the Remote PC app
2. Select the purchased PC
3. Select "Properties" from the menu on the left.
- Q.How do I check the remaining time on a current license?
Follow the steps below to check the number of days the license is valid for:
1. Launch the Remote PC app
2. Select the purchased PC
3. View the number of days the license is valid for in the PC image on the right.
- Q.What does the computer status icon indicate?
The computer icon's shape changes to show the agent's and remote computer's status easily.
Click the Refresh button to refresh the list of remote computers.
The remote computer's agent program is not logged in, or the remote computer is turned off. To access the computer remotely, log in to the agent program or turn on the computer.
The remote computer's agent program is logged in. Users can access the computer remotely.
The computer is currently being accessed remotely.
The remote computer has not been registered.
Install the agent program by opening remotepc.rview.com in a web browser before using the service.
- Q.Are proxy servers supported?
Remote PC supports all network environments, including proxy servers.
Most network environments are supported without separate setup. Network environments that use a proxy server require configuration in Remote PC's settings, as listed below.
Configuring a proxy server
1. Configuring a proxy server when installing Remote PC for the first time
- If you are not using a proxy server, select Do Not Use Proxy Server and click the Next (N) button.
- If you are using a proxy server and have the information necessary to configure it, select Manually Configure Proxy Server (Enter Manually) Either enter the information manually or select Detect Proxy Server Automatically, and then click Next.
2. Configuring a proxy server after installing Remote PC
1) Right-click the Remote PC icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the computer desktop.
2) Click the Preferences menu.
3) Open the General Settings tab.
4) In Proxy Server settings, select Use Proxy, enter the server address and port for the proxy server, and then enter your proxy server ID and password.
3. Configuring a proxy server on the device
1) On the Remote PC app's home screen > menu at the top right corner > Settings > open the Use Proxy menu.
2) Select the Use Proxy check box.
3) Enter the server address and port for the proxy server, and then enter your proxy server ID and password.
※ A proxy server is a server that allows the client to access other servers on the Internet.
When the client requests external access, the proxy server not the client accesses other web servers or FTP servers. For these requests, the proxy server password must be used to access the Internet.
- Q.Are virtual IP and floating IP addresses supported?
Yes, Remote PC supports all network environments as it uses a relay server to provide three-way communication. Remote PC does not require separate setup.
- Q.Is my computer at risk from viruses while it accesses other computers remotely via RemotePC?
No. Remote PC captures the screen of your remote computer only and then sends it to the controlling computer. Virus infections or malicious codes are transferred when files are sent or received between computers.
- Q.I want the computer program to start automatically when my system starts
To automatically start the program when your computer starts, follow the steps listed below.
- While the computer program is being installed, select Automatically sign in on startup in the final step.
- On the computer that Remote PC in installed, right-click Remote PC in the computer's system tray, and select Settings > General > Automatically sign in on startup.
- Q.Can multiple people control one remote computer at the same time?
A computer cannot be accessed or controlled remotely by more than one person at the same time.
- Q.The desktop background turns dark when I use Remote PC.
To enhance transmission speed while using Remote PC, the desktop background is normally removed during remote access.
By removing the desktop background, the number of transferred packets is reduced and remote access speed increases.
- Q.When I access a computer remotely, an error message displays advising "You do not have the access privileges for the remote system.".
If MAC addresses have been configured, access is only allowed within the registered MAC address range.
Ensure that you are requesting access within the specified IP range or that you have registered the correct MAC address.
How do I verify the MAC address
1. On the remote computer, right-click the system tray icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and open the Preferences menu.
2. Verify that the correct MAC address is registered in Security settings and Network settings.
- Q.I use a computer security program, will Remote PC work.
Most computer security programs are compatible with Remote PC, but some programs (such as Webshield, X-Trap, and Avast) may block Remote PCs' network module. Using these programs can cause the program to stop responding.
- After deactivating a computer security program, a program that has been blocked once will still continue to be blocked.
- If the computer security program has expired, you can uninstall the program and restart Windows.
- Q.If I install Remote PC can anyone access my computer?
You can block other devices from accessing your computer by configuring access to the system's MAC address. Remote access will be restricted to devices with registered MAC addresses only.
To configure MAC addresses, follow the steps listed below.
1. On he remote computer's screen, right-click the system tray icon at the bottom right corner and open the Preferences menu.
2. In Security settings and Network settings, register the MAC address.
- Q.Controlling the computer with Remote PC is slow.
There are two reasons for slow speeds while using Remote PC.
To improve the speed, follow the methods listed below.
1. If the remote computer's and/or the device's network is slow
1) Connect to the remote computer and touch an empty area at the bottom of the screen to display the Menu button.
2) Click the Menu button and open the Settings > Display menu.
3) Decrease the screen color.
2. If the remote computer's or the controlling computer's CPU usage is too high
- If the system is running low on memory, shut down unnecessary processes before accessing a computer remotely.
- If CPU usage is high due to a computer virus or malicious code, remove the virus or malicious code before accessing a computer remotely.
- Q.How can I delete or change my Samsung account?
On most tablets, you can delete or change your Samsung account using the Remote PC app. However, on devices added with the Reactivation Lock security settings menu, you cannot use the Remote PC app to delete your Samsung account, due to changes in Google's security policy. Go to the Settings menu on your device to delete your account.
* To check if the Reactivation Lock menu has been added, go to Settings > General > Security.
You can delete your Samsung account in one of the following ways, depending on whether you see the Reactivation Lock menu or not.
* If you do not see the Reactivation Lock security settings menu:
- Open the Remote PC app and tap the More menu in the top-right corner of the main screen. Then tap Connection settings > Samsung account to delete your account.
* If you see the Reactivation Lock security settings menu:
- On your device, tap Settings > General > Account > My account > Samsung account > Registered Samsung account > MORE, then select Remove account.
- Q.I have one free PC but when I install the agent and try to turn it on, it says I need to pay.
According to Remote PC usage, you can use Remote PC for free however to add another PC you have to purchase another slot for agent.
Therefore on the Remote PC page, at the bottom there are 2 icons, icon "1" and icon "2".
If you clicked icon "2" and installed Remote PC Agent from there.
So remove/uninstall the Remote PC agent on your computer. (check both icon "1" and icon "2")
Go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall program > Remote PC or login to remotepc.rview.com, click Remove agent, to uninstall.
Then login to remotepc.rview.com, click icon "1". Then click "Install Agent" to install Remote PC agent.